Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Did I Mention That I LOVE When Hubby Grills?

I Love when Hubby Barbeque's...

Ohh Man he's the best! ...Oh and he grills really good too! *wink wink*

So this weekend was awesome.

Hubby was in the mood to grill, that basically means all I have to do is prep the food and he takes care of the rest!

Himbo came over to hang out.

Himbo was in the kitchen with me while I was prepping the food,

but then he was gone...


Himbo??


Where did you go?


Oh here you are!

Apparently Himbo was tired.


After I finished up in the kitchen we went outside and found some lovely shade under our gazebo, pulled up some chairs and let the breeze cool us off. I took out some yummy watermelon And Oranges to hold us over, until the good stuff was ready!

Why did it seem like I only caught pictures of the girls inhaling the fruit you ask? Cause my girls don't mess around when there's an excuse to sprinkle Chili Power and Lemon on something! They dove right in.

Here is what was on the menu:

Yummy Garlic Butter Shrimp or (Scrimp)

Grilled Veggies
Grilled Corn on the Cob

(I even had a butter, parmesan, parsley spread)

AND check this beauty out!
Hubby Made it...
No it wasn't store bought and
Yes, it was as good as it looked!
As you can tell from the huge piece missing from it
before I even took the picture.
After we pigged out Himbo called dibs on the hammock!
I think Himbo got tired...Again.
This is my niece "Parsley"
her real name is Presley but Himbo renamed her and it's just sort of stuck with her. She was visiting us all weekend. Good thing she here because the face paint from Disneyland was "magic" and it scared away all the "skeletons" from getting our yummy food or at least that's what she said. and I totally believe her, she was very convincing.

After all that eating I felt like lounging in the pool
So here is my mad scientist Cindyjo testing the chemicals in the pool for me to make sure her Mama won't burn a layer of skin off from all the chlorine Dad just put in earlier that day...

Although that's me on my wonderful pink floaty, Yes I'm ALREADY in the pool so I guess it wouldn't have mattered either way.
Sheez I'm impatient!
The day was so relaxing, Hubby cranked up the music and when sleeping beauty Himbo graced us with his presence he joined us in the pool.
Don't you just love summer weekends!

4 comments:

Himbo said...

OMG I was so tired!! I ate too much and didn't sleep enough. It's really your couches fault, it's way too comfy, same goes for the hammock. It's your fault for owning comfortable furniture. I blame you!

Bon Don said...

You're right Himbo...I have been told before that my couches are way too comfy,and they make people fall asleep.

WAIT! You're the one who said that before so I guess that doesn't really count then!??

Anonymous said...

AWE you know what it really means Himbo is COMFORTABLE, he feels safe and at home! :-) I know the feeling because whenever I am there all I want to do is sleep:-) actually all I do IS sleep when I am at home! I totally thought Himbo was Sally on the couch!

Anonymous said...

I need me some of that cake !!